Before and After D-Day.

I really enjoyed going through these rare color photos from Life magazine.  The masterfully restored  images from before and after D-Day show a perspective on what things looked like before and after that day.



After watching Band of Brothers years ago and researching my grandfather's time spent as a soldier in WWII, I have a fascination with history at that time.  My grandfather fought at the Battle of the Bulge.   I remember a few years ago sitting around our kitchen table as he told us (his grandchildren) stories of the war.    The greatest generation? I won't argue that.  I am grateful for our troops, and will always thank them for their service.



The color really breathes life into these images.  Today is the 68th anniversary of D-Day.

Click here to see all of the images.

Post a Comment


Atlanta Child Photographer, Atlanta Maternity Photographer, Atlanta Family Portrait Photographer, Atlanta Wedding Photographer, Atlanta Newborn Photographer, Atlanta Birth Story Photographer, Atlanta Engagement Photographer

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP